It is the goal of MHG Insurance Brokers to regularly inform and keep clients up to speed regarding the latest news and information associated with the ACA (Affordable Care Act). The ACA is now in effect for 2014, and its core goals are to provide Americans with improved quality health care, health plans that are more affordable, and access to comprehensive health coverage to those who would have previously been denied coverage before the act was put into place.
The ACA provides consumers with a choice – something that didn’t exist in the world of healthcare in the United States until now. Whether you were deemed ‘uninsurable’ do to preexisting health conditions, or were simply stuck paying inflated premiums with no other alternatives available to your family, all of that has changed now - you, the consumer, are in the driver’s seat. MHG Insurance Brokers wants to help you take control of your health. There has been quite a bit of chatter in the media about enrollment deadlines and penalties for not having health insurance. MHG Insurance Brokers would like to share the following current and accurate information regarding the open enrollment period with you:
- Open enrollment for ACA health coverage runs through March 31, 2014.
- The deadline to enroll is the 15th of each month, in order for coverage to become effective on the 1st day of the following month. For example, if you enroll for coverage by January 15th, your coverage will begin on February 1st. If you enroll by February 15th, your coverage will start March 1st.
- Those who enroll by March 31st, but not by March 15th , will have an effective coverage date of May 1st.
- During this open enrollment period, you may also make changes to your existing plan if you don’t find it to be adequate or are not satisfied with it.
- Penalties for exceeding 3 consecutive months without health coverage have been waived by the Administration, but only during this open enrollment period.
- After the open enrollment period has ended, changes cannot be made to existing plans until the next open enrollment period begins, unless there is a life changing event, such as a marriage, divorce, loss of employment, birth or adoption of a child.
MHG has extensive knowledge and expertise in health reform
. We also have the experience and network of resources to provide you with the very best, solid, comprehensive health coverage available that suits your healthcare needs and works with your budget.
It is crucial to have a trusted insurance broker like MHG to work with to help you navigate through all of the new regulations, perplexing terminology, and health plan options. Let us provide you with the tools and knowledge you need in order to make an educated choice regarding your health care.
MHG Insurance Brokers will also walk you through the enrollment process, which is vital especially if you are purchasing coverage for the first time, whether you are a young adult, or someone who has lost access to health benefits through your employer. If you already have health insurance, contact us and speak with a specialist who will assist you in comparing your existing plan to the new ACA plans that are available. This can help you determine which plan would be most advantageous to you and your family. They will examine the cost comparisons and identify the differences in coverages offered between each of the plans.
Contact MHG Insurance Brokers today online at mhginsurance.com or call 954-760-9033 and take control of your family’s health today!